Aside from the unbeatable location, convenience to numerous attractions and all of the outstanding amenities, there’s plenty of great reasons to choose a cabin in Pigeon Forge near Dollywood for your Smoky Mountain vacation.
Saves You Time and Money
The cabins in Pigeon Forge near Dollywood are obviously in a great location, but that great location can save you lots of time. Here’s how:
If you plan on visiting Dollywood for a day, or even two, you’ll save a lot of time with less distance driving or catching a trolley. Most of our cabins in Pigeon Forge are only a few minutes from the Dollywood amusement park, so you’ll be able to avoid lots of the peak season traffic that tends to arise.
Saves You Money
If you’re staying near Dollywood, it’s easier to visit for two days instead of just one. Dollywood offers a great deal if you arrive a little later on the first day. Their policy is “Arrive after 3, the next day is free.” So, you can arrive after 3 p.m., spend some time at the park, retreat back to your cabin, then get up the next day and spend the entire day at Dollywood. Doesn’t that sound great? So, instead of needing 2 single-day admissions, you’re actually getting approximately a day and a half for the price of a single day!
Click HERE to see some other ways you can save money when you visit Dollywood.
Reasons to Visit Dollywood When You Stay in a Cabin in Pigeon Forge
Fun for the Entire Family
Everyone can join in on the fun when you visit Dollywood. Whether you’re a young child, teen or grown adult, there’s so many great things to do. For younger children, there’s plenty of games and rides dedicated to kids. For teens, there’s thrill rides like roller coasters and water rides and, for adults, there’s plenty of rides, entertaining shows and places to shop, including chocolate-filled candy shops and bakeries.
Festivals Throughout the Season
Nearly every month of the Dollywood season is filled with exciting festivals each and every year. Each festival welcomes craftsmen, entertainers and delicious foods to the park, so make sure you visit during one of these events. The festival dates vary each year, so we have listed the months to expect each festival.
- Festival of Nations (March-April)
- You don’t have to travel all over the world to experience the sights, sounds and flavors of other countries. During this festival, Dollywood welcomes artists, performers and chefs from all around the world to showcase their talents.
- Barbeque and Bluegrass (May-June)
- On your vacation to the Smoky Mountains, what more could you ask for? Southern barbeque and traditional bluegrass music lights up the entire theme park!
- Great American Summer (June-August)
- This festival welcomes guests to experience daytime and nighttime dance parties as well as nightly fireworks shows.
- Rock the Smokies (September)
- This is a new festival in 2015, and it promises to bring friends and family together with Christian music and entertainment.
- National Southern Gospel and Harvest Celebration (October)
- Dollywood showcases the harvest season with fall decorations, arts and crafts and delicious fall-time foods, like apple pies and pumpkin muffins.
- Smoky Mountain Christmas (November-January)
- Every year, Dollywood celebrates the Christmas season with thousands of lights, hundreds of Christmas cookies and plenty of creamy hot chocolate. The most popular show during the Christmas season is Dollywood’s presentation of A Christmas Carol–it even features Dolly Parton!
For exact dates for each festival, you can take a look at the Dollywood festival schedule here.
There’s so much to do when you visit Dollywood–you sometimes need two or three trips to the park to complete everything on your list! Here’s a list of the most popular concerts and entertaining performances you can find at Dollywood:
- A musical film where Dolly Parton takes you on a trip through the Smoky Mountains.
- Kingdom Heirs
- This southern gospel music group delights the park with their harmonies and gospel tunes.
- My People!
- Dolly takes guests through her early years, sharing the story of the family who helped her become what she is today. The performance showcases some of her family members, too!
- Wings of America
- Take a look at some of the most beautiful birds in the world, the American eagle, as they soar through the performance area!
The entertainment schedule varies by day. There are additional performances and shows during the Dollywood festivals each year. Click here for the detailed schedule for your visit.
Map of Location of the Dollywood Amusement Park
Staying at a Cabin in Pigeon Forge Near Dollywood
With all of the fun things to do at Dollywood, why wouldn’t you want to spend a day or two enjoying the park? When you stay at a cabin in Pigeon Forge near Dollywood, you’ll be closer to all of the fun things going on!
Of course, a day or two at Dollywood can be a little exhausting. That’s why all of our cabin rentals in Pigeon Forge are set up for the ultimate relaxation. Sit outside on one of our complimentary chairs on the deck or take a dip in the hot tub to relieve any stress. Be sure to take a look at all of these Pigeon Forge cabins and start planning your vacation right away.