Even though the weather may be cold, and there may even be snow on the mountaintops, there’s still plenty of things to do in the winter in Gatlinburg. In this article, you’ll find 4 of our favorite things to do when it’s cold and snowy in the Smoky Mountain area.
Ober Gatlinburg Ski Resort
Of course, if you’re looking for fun in the snow, Ober Gatlinburg Ski Resort is the place to be. There’s plenty of snow-covered hills for thrill seekers, and there’s lots of other things at the resort for anyone who doesn’t want to hit the slopes.
Here’s a few of the favorite things to do at Ober Gatlinburg:
- Ride on the Aerial Tramway. You’ll be able to see an aerial view of the snowy mountains as you ride up to the resort.
- Ice Skating. The indoor ice skating rink is the center of the shopping area and is a favorite for kids and adults!
- Wildlife Encounter. When you visit in the winter months, you may not see too many animals in the national park. So, stop by the Wildlife Encounter while you’re visiting.
- Carousel & Arcade. When you have kids who want to stay away from the cold, they can spend time in the arcade or ride on the carousel.
- Shopping. There’s nearly a dozen shops at the Ober Gatlinburg Ski Resort. With everything
from souvenirs to a candy shop, you can’t miss out on the great shops to browse.
- Old Time Photos. If you’re looking for something a little bit different, a great afternoon activity is having old time photos made with your friends or family.
- Restaurants at Ober Gatlinburg. There’s some great places to stop for a snack or meal when you’re at the resort. A deli, a full restaurant and a fudge shop are the perfect places to stop and enjoy the Smokies.
If you need more reasons to visit Ober Gatlinburg, take a look at these 3 Reasons to Visit Ober Gatlinburg When You Stay in a Gatlinburg Cabin Rental.
For pricing information, take a look at Ober Gatlinburg here: http://obergatlinburg.com/
Hike on a Nature Trail in the National Park
When you want to see the snowy mountains this winter, you can spend a couple of hours in the Smoky Mountains. We don’t recommend taking a lengthy or strenuous hike in the winter, but that doesn’t mean you have to stay away from the mountains! There’s lots of small walking and hiking trails for the winter months, especially around Sugarlands Visitor Center, where you can experience the beauty of the Smokies without hiking for hours. Just make sure you bundle up before you head into the mountains!
Still looking for things to do in the winter in Gatlinburg? It doesn’t get any better than relaxing in a Gatlinburg cabin rental. Look at all of our Gatlinburg cabin rentals with views of the Smoky Mountains for the best place to spend time on your vacation.
All of the cabins in Gatlinburg are filled with amenities that will make your stay special. Whether you’re looking to relax by a fireplace or soak in a hot tub while you enjoy the crisp air of the Smoky Mountains, we’ve got the place for you!
Make sure to check out our Gatlinburg cabin specials to save a little money, and give us a call if you have any questions about booking your stay.